Thursday, February 25, 2016

Cover vs Cover: The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

This week's pick is...

The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)VS.  The Winner's Curse - Marie Rutkoski, pb redesign:
Original                Redesign
The Redesign isn't bad. In fact, I would've liked it more if it weren't for the fact that I have the original cover to compare it to. The original cover is one of my favorite covers, I love the dress, the title treatment, the perspective. I like the badass pose in the redesign, but it's not as great as the original cover. It's also been pointed out, I don't remember where, that the poses in the new covers, eerily match the poses for the Throne of Glass series. These new covers also oddly remind me of the Cahill Witch Chronicles by Jessica Spotswood.
    Final Verdict: Original
Do you agree? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

2 comments :

  1. Although I have never read this series, I am more drawn to the new cover. It does remind me of Throne of Glass, but I think it's the colors used more than anything. Either way, they are both good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also don't like the new covers. If you pay attention, the new covers have an exactly similar poses with ToG series. The Winner's Curse for example, is the exact replica of Crown of Midnight. I don't get why they have to change the already gorgeous old cover...

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete