Friday, February 19, 2016

Cover Lust: On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis


Cover Lust is something that I do every week where I feature a book cover that I absolutely love!


On the Edge of GoneJanuary 29, 2035. That’s the day the comet is scheduled to hit—the big one.

Denise and her mother and sister, Iris, have been assigned to a temporary shelter outside their hometown of Amsterdam to wait out the blast, but Iris is nowhere to be found, and at the rate Denise’s drug-addicted mother is going, they’ll never reach the shelter in time.

A last-minute meeting leads them to something better than a temporary shelter: a generation ship, scheduled to leave Earth behind to colonize new worlds after the comet hits. But everyone on the ship has been chosen because of their usefulness. Denise is autistic and fears that she’ll never be allowed to stay. Can she obtain a spot before the ship takes flight? What about her mother and sister?

When the future of the human race is at stake, whose lives matter most? 
Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble






 Why did I pick this cover? 
Despite the fact that this cover reminds me of From a Distant Star, I love this cover. The colors are lovely and the font/title treatment grabbed my attention. I also like how the girl is standing in the middle of the crumbling street and how she seems to be in front of the title.
What are your thoughts? Tell me in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment