Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Series I Gave Up On

Hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish, it's a meme for listing the top ten for everything bookish.

I thankfully haven't given up a ton of series, but there's a few. Most of them I read a long time ago. I must warn you, there are a few popular ones on here that I really didn't like.

1. Vampire Academy
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
Might as well start with the one everyone loves. I did not like this series and I really don't see why this series is held in high regard. It's not bad, but I feel nothing for it. I don't like Rose, the plot didn't blow me away, I just wasn't impressed. I pushed through the series, because of the hype, but gave up after book 4 because I was so bored.

2. The Demon Trapper's Daughter
The Demon Trapper's Daughter (The Demon Trappers, #1)Soul Thief (The Demon Trappers #2)
It's been awhile since I read this, so I don't remember much, but I seemed to have written a short review. "I honestly do not understand why I seem to be that only one who doesn't like this...
It wasn't terrible, but it was ANNOYING!"

Wake (Dream Catcher, #1)
To this day, this is one of the worst books I read. I read this one years ago, so again, to quote my review "The writing was choppy, the book was confusing as hell, and there was way too many references to drinking and such."

I thought I would like this, because I enjoyed James Patterson's other books (back when I read these books. Now I don't like his writing) and the fact that there's aliens, but no. This series was just overall flat. The characters were flat, the plot was flat, the dialogue was flat. And for an alien book, it was boring.

Wings (Wings, #1)
This wasn't a bad book, but I tried two different times to read the sequel and couldn't get into it.

Marked (House of Night #1)Betrayed (House of Night, #2)Chosen (House of Night #3)
Ugh. I don't know how I survived three books.

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)
Another popular one. I HATED IT

Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3)Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses, #4)The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)Love Bites (Vampire Kisses, #7)Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
Yeah, I lasted pretty long. Although, these books are short, but I eventually got tired of how cliche the vampires in these books were.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
Another popular one. I might give this series another try, but I wasn't that impressed

Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1)
Violet is an idiot

What series have you given up on?

4 comments :

  1. I've read the first Vampire Academy book which I liked well enough to move on to the series. I've also read The Coffin Club, but not the others in that series...seriously doubt I'll go back to it.

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have totally given up on The 5th Wave series as well as Anita Blake by Laurell K. Hamilton - although I may eventually give it another go. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer yet but I feel like it's been too long and I probably will not read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer but it is on my TBR. I hope I enjoy it more than you did!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-25/

    ReplyDelete