Thursday, October 8, 2015

Cover vs Cover: Dove Arising by Karen Bao

This week's pick is...

Dove Arising (Dove Chronicles, #1) VS.  Dove Arising
Hardback                   Redesign
I'm not a big fan of either of these covers, but I'll go with the redesign (even though it resembles Elusion). It's a bit cheesy, but it has been color to it and it has a stronger sci-fi feel. Still, I hope they get something better.
   Final Verdict: Redesign
Do you agree? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

3 comments :

  1. I can't say . . . The redesign looks more like the typical dystopian book covers. I kind of like the original better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering I have no idea what this book is about I'd have to say the redesign is better. though it is what you might call a typical looking sci-fi cover...

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/www-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the original better. If I saw both of these on a bookshelf, I would pick up the original one. The redesign seems very typical and, you're right, cheesy. The original leaves more to the imagination.

    Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People

    ReplyDelete