Welcome to the blog tour for True Calling by Siobhan Davis! This blog tour is organized by Lola's Blog Tours. The blog tour runs from 15 till 30 November, you can view the complete tour schedule at Lola’s Blog Tours.
Planet Novo, nestled in space twelve hundred miles above the surface of the Earth, is the new home of 17 year old Cadet Ariana Skyee. Confused by the government-sanctioned memory erase and distressed at her impending forced marriage and motherhood, Ariana’s plans for the future are thrown into complete disarray.
As the traumatic events within her family life enfold, Ariana grows increasingly alarmed at the authorities’ apparent pre-occupation with her and feels progressively more isolated and alone.
Her growing feelings for fellow Cadet Cal Remus intensify as the recently announced pageant, ‘The Calling’, gets underway. Struggling to comprehend the continuous, inexplicable dreams of the mysterious Zane, discovering the past helps shape her future, with devastating personal consequences.
Now, here's a guest post from Siobhan Davis about her book!
5 Points of Interest about True Calling:
- True Calling is set between two different worlds and is told from two distinct perspectives.
- Planet Novo has been specifically constructed as a ‘Utopian-type’ society and only the chosen few were offered the opportunity to share in this new life. The survivors who remain on a dystopian Earth are treated like virtual prisoners under the watchful eye of the controlling regime.
- True Calling invites the reader to explore the rationale behind ‘dreams’ and to ponder the power of dreams, and the messages they are trying to send us.
- Romance and love is a central theme within True Calling, and the plot surrounding the unique love triangle plays out amidst the ‘Big-Brother’ type e-pageant, ‘The Calling’. Ariana starts to develop feelings for Cal Remus as she is confronted by the influx of inexplicable dreams of some boy named Zane.
- ‘The Calling’ is a government response to the critical issue facing their new society: how to develop, grow and evolve into the future. The pageant compels 17 year-olds into impending marriage and parenthood, and the fully televised dating phase commences after the initial assessment and beautification stage has concluded. Participants can only date from their approved ‘Top Ten list of Suitors’ and all dates must be ranked and rated on the open e-portal, where the voting public are eager contributors to a process which will ultimately decide the fate of the future generation.
About the Author:
Siobhan Davis is the author of YA science fiction romance series True Calling.
A self-diagnosed ‘teenager forever’—at least when it comes to books, music and movies; Siobhan is totally addicted to teen fiction and superhero/blockbuster movies. Siobhan loves baking, crime novels, shoes, bags, make-up, anti-wrinkle cream, anything pink, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, and Robert Pattinson (definitely Team Edward).
Siobhan has forged a successful corporate career, in Human Resources, over the last twenty years.
A member of the IWI writers group, Siobhan resides in the Garden County of Ireland with her husband and two sons.
Website/ Author blog/ Book website/ Facebook/ Twitter/ Google +/ Goodreads
- Paperback copy True Calling
- 3 e-copies of True Calling
For a chance to win enter the rafflecopter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway