Thursday, August 27, 2020

Cover vs. Cover: The World Between Blinks by Amie Kaufman & Ryan Graudin

This week's pick is...

The World Between Blinks (The World Between Blinks, #1)  VS. 
US                                Australia
I added this book to my TBR before it had a cover because I love Amie Kaufman's books and the synopsis sounded interesting. If it had the US cover when I first found out about it, it is unlikely that it would have been added to my TBR. I absolutely hate the US cover. I know someone must have worked hard on it, but it honestly looks like it as made in the year 2000 and resembles an indie-published book designed on a low budget rather than a book published by Harper Collins. I really wouldn't have as much of a problem if it were indie published, but Harper Collins has a lot more resources than an indie-published author so I expect a lot more. I also usually don't like the 3D animation look on book covers. The background looks interesting, but the characters just look really awkward. So, the Australian cover was released this week and I am just extremely jealous. Like this is what I expect from an MG book in the year 2021. It is wonderfully illustrated and it showcases the fantastical aspects of the book, but they feel smoothly integrated together.
Final Verdict: Australia's Cover
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

2 comments :

  1. I agree. The Australian cover is so much better. The US is kind of dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Australia's cover is way cooler. I think I'll have to add this book to my tbr. :)

    ReplyDelete