Thursday, February 28, 2019

Cover vs Cover: The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

This week's pick is...

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)VS.  The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)
Original                        Redesign
I understand why they redesigned the book, since the movie come out last year, but they really didn't try very hard. I wasn't a fan of the original cover, it's just a plain background with a symbol on it. The only reason why you know it's dystopian is because that was the dystopian cover trend at the time. You would think that they would do something different with the redesign, as there are new cover trends, but no. It's just a symbol floating in the sky with a random street view. You can't even tell it's a dystopian street view. I guess there are some tilted telephone poles way back there and maybe some of those cars are beat-up? I can't really tell. Mostly we just get a nice view of a van. Also, why is the D a different color? It's been a while since I read the book, is that important for some reason? Anyway, even though the original is not eye-catching, I like it better than the redesign.
  Final Verdict: Original
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

2 comments :

  1. I think I like the redesign better just by a smidgen, but I totally agree with your points too. And why IS that one D a different color? Weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same why with the other books in the series as well! I'm not sure why.

      Delete