Saturday, June 27, 2020

Short and Simple Reviews: Game & Blood of My Blood

This is a place for books that I didn't fully review.
Maybe I listed my likes and dislikes, had a little short paragraph, or a few sentences to convey my feelings on the book, but whatever the "review" is, all of them are short and simple. (hence the clever name)

Game (I Hunt Killers, #2)
Billy grinned. “Oh, New York,” he whispered. “We’re gonna have so much fun.”

I Hunt Killers introduced the world to Jazz, the son of history’s most infamous serial killer, Billy Dent.

In an effort to prove murder didn’t run in the family, Jazz teamed with the police in the small town of Lobo’s Nod to solve a deadly case. And now, when a determined New York City detective comes knocking on Jazz’s door asking for help, he can’t say no. The Hat-Dog Killer has the Big Apple–and its police force–running scared. So Jazz and his girlfriend, Connie, hop on a plane to the big city and get swept up in a killer’s murderous game. 
  Goodreads / Amazon  / Barnes & Noble / Book Depository / IndieBound


Review
I listened to this book on audio.

It's been quite a few years since I read I Hunt Killers. I remember that book being so hyped up at the time. I liked it, but I didn't love it as much as everyone else. For that reason, it took me seven years to get to this book.

This book did a pretty decent job of catching the reader up on the previous book. After the first couple of chapters, I had a pretty good idea of what was going on. I liked this book about as much as the first book, meaning that I found it interesting but I still didn't love it as much as other readers. Part of this was because I figured out some major plot points early on in the book, so it was frustrating me how long it took for Jazz to get with the program. Still, there were surprises and I was invested in the book. The concept behind the murders in this book was fascinating (albeit frightening). But, there were times that I actually questioned whether it was worth reading the third book.

Then this book ended on a cliffhanger, so yes, I did continue the series. I'm writing this review after I finished the series and I am now glad that I continued the series because, wow, book three was fantastic. I know this is a review for book two, but I'm writing this here for anyone else who questioned whether to continue the series while reading this book. Overall, I did end up liking this book.
I hereby give this book
3 Stars
Meaning: I liked it




Blood of My Blood (I Hunt Killers, #3)

Jazz Dent has never been closer to catching his father.

Jazz has been shot and left to die in New York. His girlfriend, Connie, is in the clutches of Jazz's monstrous father, Billy--the world's most notorious serial killer. And his best friend, Howie, is bleeding to death on the floor of Jazz's new home.

Somehow, these three must rise above the horrors and find a way to come together in pursuit of Billy.

But then Jazz crosses a line he's never crossed before, and soon the entire country is wondering: "Like father, like son? Who is the true monster?"

From New York City to the small town of Lobo's Nod, the chase is on, and this time, Jazz is the hunted, not the hunter--while Billy Dent lurks in the shadows.

And beyond Billy? Something much, much worse. Prepare to meet...the Crow King.

From acclaimed author Barry Lyga comes the shocking conclusion to the bestselling I Hunt Killer trilogy.



Review
I listened to this book on audio.

This series was raved about all over a couple of years ago. Well, it took me a couple of years, but I finally got around to finishing the series.

Now, I didn't love books one and two as much as everybody else. I liked them, but I didn't love them. While reading book two, I questioned whether I wanted to continue the series. But then that book ended in a cliffhanger, so I begrudgingly checked out this book. And I am so glad that I did! While in the last book I figured things out early on, this book kept me on my toes. There were so many twists and surprises in this book! I feel like I just can't talk about this book without spoiling things, so I'll just say that, wow, this was a great end to the series. 

I hereby give this book
4 Stars
Meaning: I really liked it


No comments :

Post a Comment