Thursday, May 7, 2020

Cover vs. Cover: The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen

This week's pick is...

The Rest of the Story VS.  The Rest of the Story
Original                           Redesign
When I first saw the original cover, I was surprised. It really didn't match Sarah Dessen's other covers, which bothered me, and it looked very plain. The font treatment is fun, but it is mostly blue space. The redesign looks like the typical YA contemporary romance cover, but it fits the aesthetic of Dessen's other covers and I love the sunset.
Final Verdict: Redesign
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

1 comment :

  1. I am all about the new cover. The story elements were so small, that I didn't even notice the boat until I took a closer look. I do understand what you are saying about it having such a different feel from her other covers, I feel like that had more to do with switching pubs. Same thing happened with Jennifer E Smith's covers, when she went with a new publisher.

    ReplyDelete