Thursday, March 5, 2020

Cover vs Cover: We Walked the Sky by Lisa Fiedler

This week's pick is...

We Walked the Sky VS.  We Walked the Sky
Original                           Redesign
I was very disappointed when I saw the cover for the paperback edition. What made me want to know more about this book in the first place was the hardcover cover. I love the layout, how we see her walk between the two different landscapes. It made me curious. After reading the book, I can say that the two landscapes make sense as the book is from two POVs--a teen girl moving away from the circus and the other is her grandmother as a teen when she ran away to join the circus. We don't get that from the paperback. The paperback just looks boring in comparison and I just don't like the glitter effect. At least the tightrope walker is still there but she's so tiny that she doesn't feel like the focal point of the cover.
Final Verdict: Original
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

2 comments :

  1. Definitely prefer the original- for the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a drastic change. I think the original is more interesting, and makes me want to know more about the story. The new one is sort of generic, though, still visually pleasing.

    ReplyDelete