Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Waiting on Wednesday: Winterborne Home for Vengeance and Valor by Ally Carter

Waiting on Wednesday (or Can't Wait Wednesday) is a weekly meme, hosted by Wishful Endings, where we talk about the books we're waiting (a bit impatiently) for!

This week I am waiting for...


Winterborne Home for Vengeance and Valor
New York Times best-selling author Ally Carter’s middle grade debut is full of mystery, mayhem, and friendship, and it will keep you guessing until the very end. 

April didn’t mean to start the fire. She wasn’t even the one who broke the vase.

She had absolutely no intention of becoming the only person who knows that Gabriel Winterborne, the missing-and-presumed-dead billionaire, is neither missing nor dead and is actually living in the basement of Winterborne House, sharpening his swords and looking for vengeance.

Now that April knows Gabriel Winterborne is alive, it’s up to her to keep him that way. But there’s only so much a twelve-year-old girl can do, so April must turn to the other orphans for help. Together, they’ll have to unravel the riddle of a missing heir and a creepy legend, and find a secret key, before the only home they’ve ever known is lost to them forever. 
Release Date: March 3rd, 2020


Why am I waiting?
I love reading Ally Carter's books and this one happens to be middle grade and I am on a big middle-grade kick lately (so there are two pluses right there)! This book looks like it will have a similar vibe to Carter's previous books but with a younger cast. The first part of the synopsis also sounds intriguing, that the MC discovers a presumed dead billionaire living in the basement. I already want to know more. Overall, this sounds like it will be a blast to read and I expect a lot of shenanigans!
What book are you waiting for this week?

7 comments :

  1. I saw this on another blog and I think the cover is so cool. Sounds like a great MG read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one sounds really good! And I just adore the cover too.

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only read Ally Carter's YA books, but this looks super cute. I love the tween sleuth thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this book around and it sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of this! The cover is fun too. Middle-Grade is a genre I'm reading ever more of because of my son. :)

    My It's Wednesday! Post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks fun. I've never read Ally Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know Ally Carter wrote MG. I must look into this for my niece.

    ReplyDelete