Thursday, January 9, 2020

Cover vs Cover: The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

This week's pick is...

The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) VS.  The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)
Original                           Redesign
Both covers are a bit too simplistic for my tastes but I think I greatly prefer the redesigns. It looks more like an adult cover than a YA cover but it is a lot more interesting. I am also not a fan of faces on the cover of books and the disembodied face in the original cover was always strange to me (partially because I think in the book the MC has darker skin so I found it strange that there was such a pale face on the cover). The new cover also seems to tie into the fantasy genre and the book more, while the original simply has the gem. Overall, I like the redesign more.
 Final Verdict: Redesign
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

No comments :

Post a Comment