Thursday, December 26, 2019

Cover vs Cover:This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

This week's pick is...

This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)VS.  Image result for this savage song redesign VS. This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
US Original                                   US Redesign                                       UK
I feel like these are all okay covers, but few really strike out at me. None really say what the book is about. Both the US covers seem to be taking on the song part of the book. I like that the song takes a shape in the US Redesign, but the cover looks a bit drab. The text is too normal and I feel like it is trying too hard to look like Schwab's adult titles. The UK cover is a little interesting but, again, it feels like it is pandering more to the adult covers. It has more darkness to it than the US redesign, but it looks like a cover I have seen many times before. Even the title's font looks like a common font I would see on paranormal covers. The US Original still does not say much about the book, but it looks more interesting to me and I like that it has a dark background rather than a light background. I am also just noticing that the instrument's shape reveals a setting.
Final Verdict: Original
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

No comments :

Post a Comment