Thursday, October 17, 2019

Cover vs Cover: Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

This week's pick is...

Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1) VS.  Little White Lies (Debutantes, Book One)
Original                           Redesign
 I'm not real wild about either cover. I understand what they were going for with the redesign. This book is about debutantes, so I think it was trying to make that more clear, but the light colors makes me think of light contemporary, not mystery/thriller. I see that the girls are holding things behind their backs, but I don't remember enough of the book to understand the meaning behind that, which means someone who has yet to read the book certainly wouldn't. The original looks more like a mystery/thriller cover. The shattering roses look strange to me, but I think it catches someone's eye more than the redesign.
Final Verdict: Original
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

1 comment :

  1. Definitely the original for me. It is just more vibrant and eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete