Thursday, June 27, 2019

Cover vs Cover: Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan

This week's pick is...

7823549VS.  8961636
Original                        Redesign
Um, to be honest, I'm not a fan of either cover. It took a bit of staring to realize the blurry image on the original cover was not just a bunch of blurriness, but a person. With the redesign, it's obvious it was designed during the "girl in the pretty dress" era of YA covers. She looks like she's covered in blood powder and I have to turn my head on its side. They don't really tell you anything about the book, in fact, with the color scheme and the word Immortal, they seem to both be saying vampire. While this book is about immortality, there are no vampires. Again, I don't like either, but I'll go with the redesign because it's not a blurry image and because the next books in the series (which match the redesign) do get more interesting.
Final Verdict: Redesign, I guess.
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

1 comment :

  1. I'll go with the redesign too, although yeah I'm not super crazy about either of them. :)

    ReplyDelete