Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Movies Based on Books I've Read But I Still Haven't Seen

Hosted each week by That Artsy Reader Girl, it's a meme for listing the top ten for everything bookish.

Today it's all about Page to Screen and I'm discussing adaptations to books I have read but still haven't seen! To be honest, there are plenty of other adaptations I still haven't seen, but these are all ones for books I gave 4 or 5 stars to. Click on the book cover for Goodreads and the movie poster for IMDB.


Why haven't I watched it: This movie had a limited release so I haven't really gotten the opportunity to see it.


Why haven't I watched it: I loved the book and I think I was worried about how the book would translate to screen (even though the book is based a lot on movies).


Why haven't I watched it: The movie did not really get a good response and I was worried about how closely it followed the book so I never got around to watching it.


Why haven't I watched it:  I have no idea why I haven't seen this one. 


Why haven't I watched it: The movie had a very limited release, so I really haven't been able to watch it.


Why haven't I watched it: At first I was wondering why I had not seen this movie because a lot of people love it. I read the book a couple years ago and I planned on checking out the movie from the library as soon as I could, but a few days later someone close to me died, so... I forget about watching this movie.


Why haven't I watched it:  Wasn't that impressed by the Divergent movie and by the time this movie came out I had read Allegiant and didn't have fond feelings toward the series.


Why haven't I watched it: I wasn't really that impressed by The Maze Runner movie and while I gave all the books in the series a high rating, by the time the movies came out I wasn't really into that kind of book/movie. If I reread the series I'm not sure how I would think of them now.


Why haven't I watched it: Eh. I'm not sure. The movie doesn't have very positive reviews and I honestly was never in the right mood to watch this movie.


Why haven't I watched it: I heard that the movie did not do a great job at following the book, so I didn't watch it.


Did you like any of these movies? What books to movies do you still need to see?

10 comments :

  1. I didn't even realize The Darkest Minds had a movie! Oops. Guess I've been living under a rock. xD I definitely recommend Howl's Moving Castle! I didn't read the novel, but the movie is gorgeous, and I LOVE it! I wasn't a fan of The 5th Wave movie, but I haven't read the book, either, so I'm not sure if it was the movie that was problematic or just the plot in general. Great post!

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen The Hate U Give yet either. Really need to change that!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the 5th Wave Book was better than the movie, as was Insurgent, although I still enjoyed them. I still have to read The Darkest Minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to keep that in mind if/when I decide to watch those movies.

      Delete
  4. Wonder Struck looks interesting!

    I still need to see the last Maze Runnr movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was fantastic, so I hope the movie is the same way!

      Delete
  5. Wonderstruck and THUG were both great adaptations. The Scorch Trials was quite different, but it was still a decent movie - plus Dylan O'Brien does a good job with Thomas. As for Inkheart, I haven't read the book yet but I have seen the movie and it was pretty fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to watch those sometime. Maybe with Inkheart I'll have to separate the book from the movie.

      Delete