Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Definitely More Than Ten Favorite Books Released In the Last Ten Years

Hosted each week by That Artsy Reader Girl, it's a meme for listing the top ten for everything bookish.
Today's topic is Favorite Books Released In the Last Ten Years. We're supposed to choose ONE book per year and to that I say HA! HA! HA! Only ONE book? Like that is going to happen! 
Needless to say, I went a bit overboard.


To keep me from going crazy, I will set some rules.
1. I'm not counting 2019 in this list because the year is not over yet and the amount of books I've read that have been published this year is very little compared to other years!
2. I'm not including any sequels.
3. No author will be listed more than once.
4. I'm not including books with over 100,000 ratings on Goodreads because I don't think I need to shout about those books. Likewise, I'm not mentioning any books from this recent Top Ten list.
5. I'm also including the number of books I've read that were published that year to prove HOW RIDICULOUS it is for me to choose JUST ONE BOOK!


Now, for some of these books, if I reread them I may not consider them favorites, but from what memory I have of reading them, they are favorites. This was super hard and by no means represents all of my favorite books published within the past ten years!


2009
(Number Read: 125)


2010
(Number Read: 158)


2011
(Number Read: 255)


2012
(Number Read: 357)


2013
(Number Read: 340)


(Apparently, this was a good year for books)


2014
(Number Read: 280)



2015
(Number Read: 213)


2016
(Number Read: 147)




2017
(Number Read: 115)




2018

(Number Read: 66)




What are some of your favorite books published in the last ten years?


6 comments :

  1. I think it's cool that you picked more than one book a year. It was tough to narrow them down!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really tough! I was a bit embarrassed to find that many other Top Ten posts followed the rules.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I've read nine of these and a bunch more of them are on my TBR list somewhere. Of all the ones you listed, WALK ON EARTH A STRANGER (and the whole trilogy) is my favorite.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't narrow mine down either haha but I have only read like 20 published in each year 😂😂 I liked that you limited it to books with less than 100,000 ratings on Goodreads. I loved This Savage song <3 And I really need to read the Falconer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to find some way to keep the list somewhat manageable. This Savage Song is such a great book and I definitely recommend the Falconer series!

      Delete