Friday, May 3, 2019

Stacking the Shelves! (April in Review!)



Hosted by Tynga's ReviewsStacking the Shelves is where all the booknerds can post about the lovely (or not so lovely) books that we've read, acquired, or discovered.

Hello, folks! So, the last time I did a stacking the shelves post was at the end of March. The reason it has been a while is simply that I have started skipping weeks for stacking the shelves because some weeks there honestly has not been much to report. I'm trying to find the right time to do stacking the shelves. I thought a monthly recap would work better, but now there's too much to report! I may need to start doing one every other week!

I started an internship this month which means that I have been reading a lot of manuscripts. Andrew Smith came to my hometown earlier in the month, so I went to that. Camp NaNoWriMo was this month and I actually did a pretty good job of writing a little bit every day, better than I had in the past. My goal was a small goal at 20,000, but I was trying to get in the habit of writing every day. I did reach my goal and I found a nice writing routine (handwriting when drafting and staying away from the internet. I also listened to cassette tapes while writing to help time myself). So, a lot of reading and a lot of writing this month.

Books Read

My favorite books this month were Long Way Down, Rayne & Delilah, and A Thousand Perfect Notes. My least favorite was Catching Jordan which was actually a DNF. I know it is a really popular book on the blogosphere, but I was really bothered by it because, for a book that was supposed to be about a strong girl, it was really sexist. There was a lot of negativity towards girls in the book, and this was from the perspective of a girl narrator. I don't post DNF reviews on my blog, but if you really want to know why I had an issue with this book, I wrote some of my feelings on Goodreads
Books Bought

I went to two library sales this month. At both sales, it was about $5 per bag, so I went home with a lot of books. The only books above that I did not get from the sale are the first four books, which I ordered online with gift cards.

Trade



Books Reviewed

Short & Simple



New Discoveries
I DID NOT RECEIVE OR BUY THESE BOOKS. I only added them to my TBR list.


How was your April?

2 comments :

  1. April was really good! Looks like you had a good book month too. I hope you liked A Thousand Perfect Notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of these look really good. I really liked Radio Silence!

    ReplyDelete