Friday, April 26, 2019

Cover Lust: Song for a Whale by Lynne Kelly


Cover Lust is something that I do every other week where I feature a book cover that I absolutely love!



Song for a Whale
Twelve-year-old Iris has never let her deafness slow her down. A whiz at fixing electronics, she's always felt at home in the world of wires and vacuum tubes. 
School, on the other hand, isn't quite as simple. Between her frustrating teacher Ms. Conn and her overly helpful classmate Nina, Iris can't seem to catch a break. 
But during science class, Iris learns about Blue 55—the loneliest whale in the world. Saddened by the animal's inability to speak to other whales, Iris uses her tech skills to come up with a plan communicate with Blue 55. 

One small problem: the whale is swimming off the coast of Alaska, nearly 3,000 miles from her Texas home. But, nothing stops Iris, and with her Deaf grandmother by her side, she sets out on a road trip to meet the whale and make sure he's finally heard. 

 



Why did I pick this cover? 
I haven't read this book yet, so I don't know how well the cover fits the book, but this is such a beautiful cover. I love all of the colors and how they are blending together and how the ocean and sky seem to merge together as well. I love how the cover draws your eye to the whale, which looks fantastic by the way. All in all, great cover. 
What are your thoughts? Tell me in the comments!

1 comment :