Thursday, March 7, 2019

Cover vs. Cover: Venom by Fiona Paul

This week's pick is...

12534178VS.  16101159 VS.29081347
Hardcover                      Paperback                    New Ebook
I really don't like how the covers progressed for this book. The first cover is great. There is a focus on the girl's beautiful mask and you can tell it is historical fiction. The paperback isn't terrible, I like the colors, but I dislike how it wants to show there is a romance in this book. It shows the reader that the book takes place in Venice, but it's a pretty generic cover. Now, the last cover goes in that direction even more. It makes it more obvious that it's a romance and even more obvious where it takes place. I don't like the last cover at all. I can let it pass a little I guess because I think it was republished independently with that cover, so they maybe weren't able to create a perfect cover, but if I saw that cover in a store, I would not be picking it up. None of the covers really show that the book has mystery elements, but overall, the first cover is the best.
  Final Verdict: Hardcover
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

1 comment :