Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Enjoyed but Have Fewer than 2,000 Ratings on Goodreads

Hosted each week by That Artsy Reader Girl, it's a meme for listing the top ten for everything bookish.

This week's topic is books with less than 2,000 Ratings on Goodreads, so I searched my Goodreads list for books that for some reason don't get much notice on Goodreads. All covers are linked to the Goodreads page.

1. Rebel Wing by Tracy Banghart

719 Ratings on Goodreads

This is such a fantastic book, about a girl joining a war (disguised as a man) in a dystopian world. It honestly does not get as much attention it deserves. You can read my review here.

2. Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little

1.533 Ratings on Goodreads

This is probably one of the few YA series out there that take place in ancient Mesopotamia, which is interesting in itself. This is one of those series where my interest grew which each book.


3. Of Sea and Stone by Kate Avery Ellison

560 Ratings on Goodreads

Kate Avery Ellison is one of my favorite independent authors. Out of all of her series, this book series is my favorite. Like the Forbidden series above, the series gets more and more interesting over time. 

4. The Secret Horses of Briar Hill by Megan Shepherd
1,534 Ratings on Goodreads

This book is a combination of historical and magical realism, taking place in a home for children with TB and a young girl who discovers a horse that needs help from a dark force. It's a short book and a sad book, but it is a beautiful book.

5. Caterpillar by Kate Oliver

66 Ratings on Goodreads

I'm not that surprised that this one does not have very many ratings. It is next to impossible to find anymore. I downloaded it for free at one point and since then it has been made unavailable. It makes me a bit sad because I loved this book, which is an alien book (you will notice a theme of those later in this post), and I can't even read the next book because that one also disappeared.

6. Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe

805 Ratings on Goodreads

Here's another alien book! (I told you that would be a theme) This book doesn't seem to be very popular on Goodreads, though I absolutely loved it and the rest of the series! You can read my review here.

7. Broken Skies by Theresa Kay

1,394 Ratings on Goodreads

And another alien book. Are alien books just not very popular on Goodreads if they aren't by Armentrout? You can read my review of this book here.

8. The Year of Shadows by Claire Legrand

1,052 Ratings on Goodreads

Claire Legrand is an author that I always like to watch out for. The Year of Shadows is a book that really introduced me to Legrand's fantastic writing. I thought it was a really entertaining middlegrade book, but for some reason, it is the least read out of Legrand's books.

9. The Holders by Julianna Scott

1,001 Ratings on Goodreads

To be honest, I don't remember much about this book, just that I really loved it. I remember that I expected a typical YA book, but turned out to be much more. You can read my review here.

10. New Beginnings by Victoria Schwab

1,174 Ratings on Goodreads

It's a bit odd that a book by Schwab has so few ratings since she is such a well-known author, but this book series has fallen through the cracks and it shouldn't. Don't let the cover fool you, this is a powerful book and it discusses tough subjects. Just like Schwab's other books, it is written incredibly well.





Anyway! Those are some books that I enjoyed but don't seem to get much Goodreads love! What quiet books do you think need more love on Goodreads?

15 comments :

  1. Ooh, Rebel Wing does sound good.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The secret Horses of Briar Hill and The Year of shadows both look fantastic to me! Funny too because both of those authors- Legrand and Shepherd- I've heard good things about and/ or I've seen other books by them I wanted to read too! Maybe that's a hint lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both authors are great writers and have been publishing some great books lately!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So many Schwab books! I hope her popularity will cause others to read her MG debut.

      Delete
  4. I've heard of The Secret Horses and it sounds like the kind of MG read I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Secret Horses of Briar Hill! It is one of the few books I have also requested a physical ARC for because of the cover, but I didn't get one. 😢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great book! It's sad that you didn't get an ARC, but I'm glad that you did eventually get to read it and that you loved it!

      Delete
  6. The Secret Horses of Briar Hill by Megan Shepherd made my list too! Loved this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colour me intrigued by so many of these books! And oh my God, the cover for The Secret Horses of Briar Hill is STUNNING. I'm definitely looking into that one later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a beautiful cover! I hope you great the chance to read it!

      Delete