Saturday, February 23, 2019

Stacking the Shelves! (February 23rd 2019)



Hosted by Tynga's ReviewsStacking the Shelves is where all the booknerds can post about the lovely (or not so lovely) books that we've read, acquired, or discovered in the past week.

The week actually went by pretty fast! I swear I just typed up one of these! Anyway, it feels like I did not do much this week even though I did. I've been typing up some blog posts and trying to organize some things for the blog. I am currently interning with Dzanc and so far it's mostly been manuscript reading and learning different topics about publishing. Also, this week my brother turned 21, but we haven't actually done anything yet. I think there is cake this weekend? I'm not really sure because my brother just shrugs whenever we ask him about his birthday.

Well, I did do something interesting yesterday. Susan Dennard came to my local bookstore which was awesome! I didn't buy any books because I am currently on a budget and I didn't get any books signed because all the books I own by Dennard are already signed, but I enjoyed seeing her talk!
Left is a picture taken during the event. Right is a picture of the swag given out during the event.


Here's my week in books! Click on the cover to view the book on Goodreads!


Books I've Read This Week
I'm finally done with the Secret series! I haven't written a review for them yet, although Yesterday will have a review up tomorrow.

Checked Out From Library



Currently Reading
I'm currently listening to Twelve Sharp on audio. I've found it to be a good series to listen to.


In the Mail
I got a copy of The Guest Book in the mail the other day which is a bit of a surprise.




NEW DISCOVERIES
I DID NOT RECEIVE OR BUY THESE BOOKS. I only added them to my TBR list.
Other books with no cover art:
The Ones We're Meant to Find by Joan He By the Book by Amanda Sellet

I actually bookmarked some other bloggers' Top Ten Tuesday lists (books with under 2,000 ratings) so I will be going through those this weekend and adding some more books to my TBR! I also asked on Goodreads for some short story collection recommendations. I need to look through the recommendations sometime. If you happen to have any short story collections you recommend, feel free to comment.
How was your week?

6 comments :

  1. Awesome that you got to meet Susan Denard! I need to read her books soon!!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty neat! I hope you get the chance to read her books :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh that susan Dennard event sounds awesome! Cool swag too (love maps!!). I'll be anxious to see what you thought of Yesterday since I read that one a while back.

    Tell Me No Lies looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome week. Happy Birthday to your brother. How cool is that you got to meet SD? Awesome! Have a wonderful week and happy reading.


    Mary Sunday Roundup #59 @ SMBS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really cool! I hope you have a wonderful week as well!

      Delete