Thursday, February 21, 2019

Cover vs Cover: Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh

This week's pick is...

23308087VS.  Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1)
Original                Redesign
I really like the original cover. It is very eye-catching and has lots of bright colors, though the objects don't quite look like they're in the same space. I like the fact that the redesign actually has the main character's face, but that's it. It's a pretty cover, but I'm honestly not really a fan of monochromatic covers and it does not tell me what genre the book is. Looking at that cover, I might think it's a contemporary book instead of a fantasy. I wish I liked it more because, again, we actually get to see the character's face, but overall the other cover wins because it reads more fantasy.
  Final Verdict: Original
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

3 comments :

  1. I like the blue one because It seems that so many books lately are red with flames. Ha ha. I need some tranquility. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense! Sometimes we all need some tranquility! :)

      Delete
  2. Original, but I do like the teal of the redesign.

    ReplyDelete