Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bookish Rants and Rambles: 4 Things That Would Be Handy at Book Conventions

Bookish Rants and Rambles is basically where I either rant or ramble about something dealing with books.

I'll be going to two different book conventions this month, RT and NTTBF, so I decided to create a post of things that would be handy at book conventions. Now, obviously, you should bring books. Tote bags, post-it, pens, lists, business cards, and snacks are other things I like to bring.

But I'm going to go fictional here. Here are things that would be handy, but I would have a really hard time getting my hands on.

Time Turner
Book conventions oftentimes have lots of panels to go to. At NTTBF, there are some hours where there are eleven different panels at once. And there are even more panels throughout the day. Each panel has different authors, talking about different things, and I WANT TO GO TO THEM ALL! If I had a time turner, I could.

Hermione's Bag
I oftentimes have to carry 4 or 5 bags in order to take all of my books. Wouldn't it be great if I could fit all of my books in one bag?!

Teleportation
I don't really have a gif for this one, since it's not from a specific book or show, but teleportation would be so handy! I could teleport all of my books back home, without worry. I couldn't have to deal with shipping horror stories. I wouldn't have to take an atrocious amount of suitcases. I wouldn't have to worry about the weight of the books on the airplane, or the airplane losing my books. I wouldn't have to worry about there not being enough space in my suitcase for the new books I get! Heck! If I could teleport myself, I could easily go to almost any book convention!

Doofenshmirtz's Copy and Paste-inator
I've been watching Phineas and Ferb a lot lately (don't judge me. It's a fabulous show). Anyway, there's an episode where Doofenshmirtz invents and inator that makes copies of himself. He does this just so he doesn't have to wait in lines. Just saying, at book conventions, there's a lot of line waiting. And sometimes you are under a time limit and it's hard waiting in long line when you're worried that your favorite author will leave before you finish getting books signed from another favorite author (I'll get you this time, Soman Chainani)


So, what fictional items/inventions do you think would be handy at book conventions?

1 comment :

  1. Fun post! I am about to go to a book convention and can totally relate ;-)

    ReplyDelete