Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Finished Series I Have YET to Finish

Hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish, it's a meme for listing the top ten for everything bookish.


*awkward laugh* This is definitely a big one for me. I'm constantly starting series and constantly forgetting to complete them. That's what happens when you read so many new releases. I start a new series and by the time the sequel comes out, I've either forgotten what happened or just get distracted by the new series starters and the cycle starts over again.
Since there are so series I have yet to finish, I'm going back into the archives to see which ones I started a long time ago and just haven't gotten to finishing!
Also, I can't post just ten. That just can't happen.

The Enemy (The Enemy #1)The Dead (The Enemy #2)The Fear (The Enemy, #3)The Sacrifice (An Enemy Novel)The Fallen (The Enemy #5)The Hunted (The Enemy #6)The End (The Enemy, #7)
Total Read: 2
Date of Last Book Read: June 2011

I liked this series, so I don't know why I stopped. I think I almost picked up the next book from the library, but I just didn't feel like reading it quite yet, and I never picked it up. Maybe my tastes did change a little too, since back then I seemed to have really liked violent book with NO ROMANCE, and now I just don't care.


Tunnels (Tunnels, #1)Deeper (Tunnels, #2)Freefall (Tunnels, #3)Closer (Tunnels, #4)Spiral (Tunnels, #5)Terminal (Tunnels, #6)
Total Read: 4
Date of Last Book Read: June 2011

I LOVED this series, so I have no clue why I stopped. This was, again, during my no romance and dark books phase. I actually BOUGHT the 5th book, still have it, but I never felt like reading it! I'm really curious if I would still like this series. Also, this was supposed to be made into a movie back when I was reading these books, shouldn't it be out by now???

The Hourglass Door (Hourglass Door, #1)The Golden Spiral (Hourglass Door, #2)The Forgotten Locket (Hourglass Door, #3)
Total Read: 2
Date of Last Book Read: February 2012

I actually have an excuse for this one. My library NEVER got the last book. I liked this series, but I also didn't love it enough to warrant buying the last book. (Also, I didn't have a job back then)


The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)Touching Darkness (Midnighters, #2)Blue Noon (Midnighters, #3)
Total Read: 1
Date of Last Book Read: January 2012

I read The Secret Hour because it's by Scott Westerfeld, but it was meh to me and I didn't like it enough to pick up the next book, so I kept putting it off. And putting it off...and putting it off...until I had no idea what the first book was even about.

TimeRiders (TimeRiders, #1)Day of the Predator (TimeRiders, #2)The Doomsday Code (TimeRiders, #3)The Eternal War (TimeRiders, #4)Gates of Rome (TimeRiders, #5)
City of Shadows (TimeRiders, #6)The Pirate Kings (TimeRiders, #7)The Mayan Prophecy (TimeRiders, #8)The Infinity Cage (TimeRiders, #9)
Total Read: 3
Date of Last Book Read: June 2012

My problem with these books is that they came out in the UK much earlier than America, so I got caught up, but I couldn't get the next book. I also couldn't figure out when they would be available in America, so I was left waiting. I could probably get back into this series easily, but, gosh, that's a lot of books (look at me, spoiled by all those trilogies).

Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3)
Total Read: 2
Date of Last Book Read: June 2012

There was SO MUCH HYPE over this series and I was unimpressed. I liked it, but I didn't love it, so I didn't jump up and grab the last book. And now I don't remember anything about this series except for the fact that there are werewolves.

13 to Life (13 to Life, #1)Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)Destiny and Deception (13 to Life, #4)Rivals and Retribution (13 to Life, #5)
Total Read: 1
Date of Last Book Read: March 2012

I was meh about this series, but I was willing to keep going. The downside was that the next book was only available at one library in my area and it was a super tiny library that was located quite a distance away. So, I just never got to it. 


Deception (Haunting Emma, #1)Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)Surrender  (Haunting Emma, #3)
Total Read: 1
Date of Last Book Read: May 2012

I own all of these books, so I have no excuse

Angel Burn (Angel, #1)Angel Fire (Angel, #2)Angel Fever (Angel, #3)
Total Read: 2
Date of Last Book Read: April 2012

At first I wasn't going to include this series because I thought it just recently finished, but the last book came out 2 years ago! Why haven't I picked it up by now?


10. Insiders
Inside Out (Insider, #1)Outside In (Insider, #2)
Total Read: 1
Date of Last Book Read: May 2012

I completely forgot about this series.

11. Masque of the Red Death series
Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1)Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
Total Read: 1
Date of Last Book Read: June 2012

This was one of those cases where I read book one shortly after it came out and I really couldn't remember anything by the time book two came out.

12. Secret series
The Name of This Book Is Secret (Secret, #1)If You're Reading This, It's Too Late (Secret, #2)This Book Is Not Good For You (Secret, #3)This Isn't What It Looks Like (Secret, #4)You Have to Stop This (Secret, #5)
Total Read: 1
Date of Last Book Read: June 2012

What was this series even about?

13. The Hunt trilogy
The Hunt (The Hunt, #1)The Prey (The Hunt, #2)The Trap (The Hunt, #3)
Total Read: 1
Date of Last Book Read: July 2012

Another book that I read shortly after it came out then up and forgot about. Will I ever learn?

The Alchemy of Forever (Incarnation, #1)The Impossibility of Tomorrow (Incarnation, #2)
Total Read: 1
Date of Last Book Read: August 2012

Seriously, what happened in this book?


That's not even close to all the series that I pushed aside to no apparent reason! But this list is getting to long and I'm tired of listing things! Let's just hope that I can finish some of these off...eventually.

2 comments :

  1. You know, a lot of these have been in my tbr pile for ages, too. You are not alone. I could have easily come up with more than ten. Good luck finishing these!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently picked up Midnighters 1 and The Enemy 1 - I can't wait to see what they're all about. Timeriders sounds awesome by the way! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete