Thursday, November 6, 2014

Cover vs. Cover: Vitro by Jessica Khoury

This week's pick is...

Vitro (Corpus, #2)VS.  Vitro
Original                      Redesign
Both of these are great covers, but I have to go with the original. Don't get me wrong, the original is pretty, but it's too pretty if that makes sense. It doesn't look like the dark sci-fi inside. If it weren't for the test tube in the title, nobody would even be able to guess that it's a sci-fi. The original cover matches the book more closely. It has a more sci-fi vibe and it doesn't mislead you into thinking that this will be a happy book. It's also a wonderful blue color.
Final Verdict: Original
Do you agree? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

2 comments :

  1. I agree, the original seems more dramatic and I can almost guess what the book is about. As with the other one I feel like it's cheesy, about a couple who can't have babies, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I much prefer the original. The redesign looks kind of like a romance novel to me.
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete