Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books People Have Been Practically Shoving in My Face

Hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish, it's a meme for listing the top ten for everything bookish.
These books weren't physically shoved in my face, but they might as well have! These are the books that I am always hearing about in the blogging world and on Goodreads!
P.S. Covers are linked to Goodreads!


I have been seeing nothing but raving reviews for this book! So, I finally added this to my TBR pile recently!

This one actually has been physically shoved in my face, by my brother. 
He LOVES Lord of the Rings and is constantly rereading the books! He has lent me the first two books (which he has two copies of, so no worries, he can still reread the books!) and is always pestering me to see if I've read them yet (in my defense, I HAVE read The Hobbit!).

Not my kind of book, but I am always seeing these on other Top Ten lists and around blogs.


Simarily to Lord of the Rings, my mom is also shoving some books in my face.
Her all-time favorite author is Anne McCaffrey, so, of course, she has lent me a few of her books as my mom wants to introduce me to her favorite author. These are the ones that she has lent me.


I don't see this one as much anymore, but a few months ago, this book was exploding all over the blog world, always with high ratings.


I'm always seeing good reviews for this book, along with always seeing it on Top Ten lists.


Okay, this was a pathitic list, but most of the books that I always see around are either books I've already read or sequels to books I've read, so I was kind of at a loss as to what to add.

What books do people shove in your face?

4 comments :

  1. Good list! I hear Vicious is good and I'll Give You The Sun is a hot one right now. I'm so glad you have Lord of the Rings on there. You should read it! I read them after I saw the movies, and I love those books. Then I watched the movies again. I mean, you can't go wrong! :) (Honestly, I didn't like The Hobbit as much as I love the LOTR trilogy.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I definitely want to read them at some point! But all the shiny new book distract me :(

      Delete
  2. LOTR may be hard to get through if you haven't read them already. While obviously a lot had to be cut for the films, I think at this point they (the extended editions) are good enough as substitutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't able to read LOTR's until after I started watching the movies. They are excellent, but it takes a bit to get into and figure out all the characters!

    ReplyDelete