Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Read Authors (in the last five years)

Hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish, it's a meme for listing the top ten for everything bookish.


Today's topic is Most Read Authors. I did this topic back in 2015 and after looking at my most read authors today, I noticed that not much has changed. So, I'm going to list my most read authors from the last five years!



Janet Evanovich
Janet Evanovich
Number of books read: 30
Favorite: No favorite
I started reading the Stephanie Plum series a couple of years ago. My mom recommended the series, especially the audio. It makes really easy audiobook listening, but all the books are usually just 3 stars from me (or sometimes 2.5 stars). 

Cate Tiernan
Cate Tiernan
Number of books read: 18
I really liked the Immortal Beloved books, so I couldn't choose a favorite between the three. I also liked the Sweep series, though not as much. If anyone does decide to pick up the Sweep series, by the way, I recommend skipping the last book because it ruins the rest of the series.


Victoria Schwab/V.E. Schwab
V.E. Schwab
Number of books read: 14
Favorite(s): Shades of Magic and  Monsters of Verity
Now, it was much harder to pick favorites for this one because Victoria Schwab is one of my favorite authors!

Lemony Snicket/Daniel Handler
Lemony Snicket
Number of books read: 13
I read the first book in A Series of Unfortunate Events in 2014 (before the start of this list), and I didn't continue the series until the Netflix series started. I really loved reading the series, even more after I picked it up after the long break. Now, I didn't enjoy Why We Broke Up as much.


Meg Cabot
Meg Cabot
Number of books read: 12
Favorite: No Favorite
Like Janet Evanovich, I don't really love Meg Cabot's books. I just read a lot of them because they were popular, easy reading, and I picked up a bunch from used book sales. Both books from her got between 2-3 stars from me. (The only books that received more than three stars were a couple of books in the Mediator series, which I read right before the cut-off for this list).

Louise Rennison
Louise Rennison
Number of books read: 10
This is a really entertaining series, and I highly recommend it when you want to read something a little silly

Holly Black
Holly Black
Number of books read: 10


Kasie West
Kasie West
Number of books read: 9
Favorite: Pivot Point
I still hope for another book as great as Pivot Point from her.

Jay Kristoff
Jay Kristoff
Number of books read: 9
Another one of my favorite authors!

E Lockhart
E. Lockhart
Number of books read: 8



Who are your most read authors?



1 comment :

  1. Kasie West is one of my most read YA authors (along with Sarah Dessen). I need to read more of the Georgia Nicholson books, because I adore that kid.

    ReplyDelete