Friday, July 3, 2020

Stacking the Shelves/June in Review!



Hosted by Tynga's ReviewsStacking the Shelves is where all the booknerds can post about the lovely (or not so lovely) books that we've read, acquired, or discovered.

Hello, all. I haven't really made an update in a while. I tried to, in May, but May was not a good month for me, and I struggled to find the words.

The main thing that happened was that my dog died. She was 16 years old, so I expected it to happen soon, but she was still in good health. She still played and bossed me around. But I found her late at night having a seizure and, after taking her to an emergency vet, we found that she had a tumor in her brain and that there was nothing we could do. Everything happened so fast and since then I have been feeling both incredibly sad and guilty. I recently realized that no matter what happened, I would have felt guilty, but I still miss my dog. I adopted her when I was only nine years old and she was a part of my life for fifteen years. 


So, yeah, May was a bad month for me. I also have yet to return to work. Back in March, I was furloughed after only working for six weeks. They have since opened up, but with limited hours. Since I am the newest employee, I have not been called back. I did get an update recently, but they are basically waiting to see what will happen. Just this week my state has been trying to figure out a mandate for masks, and I hope that will slow the spread because I am honestly worried that things will shut down again.

I've been spending most of my time babysitting my cousin every weekday, as I've been since the shutdown in March. It's been tiring, and lately, I just don't have the brain capacity to do anything when I get home. I want to write, but my brain feels like mush and I always feel like I am coming down with a cold (but it's probably just sadness+anxiety+allergies+tireness. What a time). He's supposed to go to camp for two weeks starting the thirteenth. He was supposed to start the end of May, then they moved it to the beginning of June, then July 13th. This is why I really hope that things don't shut down again, because I really need that two-week break!

I'm sorry that I sound down. I am feeling a little better now than I was in May or June, but, like most people, I don't know what the future will hold, and I struggle to be optimistic. I am wanting to write again, and my brain is already filling up with new ideas for my third draft. I've been listening to quite a lot of audiobooks (mostly because I've been too tired to read). I hope things change for the better the rest of the year.



Books Read


Library


Digital Audio (Library and Audiobooksync)


Gifts

I forgot to mention that I had a birthday this month. This is all I wanted for my birthday. My family had some ice cream cake, but I really wasn't in the mood for celebrating anything.

Trade

New Discoveries
I DID NOT RECEIVE OR BUY THESE BOOKS. I only added them to my TBR list.

Without Covers:

How was your June?

1 comment :

  1. So sorry to hear about the pup. Sixteen wonderful years though! Sorry about the job too, but I am glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete