Monday, May 4, 2020

Stacking the Shelves/April in Review!



Hosted by Tynga's ReviewsStacking the Shelves is where all the booknerds can post about the lovely (or not so lovely) books that we've read, acquired, or discovered.


Oh boy, so the last few months have been a mess, to say the least. Especially April. I pretty much disappeared from the blogosphere for a month. In my blog calendar, I have the above note because I only posted my New Releases posts (which I make far in advance) and a DNF list. 

The world is crazy right now. I did lose my job after only working for less than two months. Since school has been pretty much canceled for the rest of the year, I have been babysitting my cousin every weekday, trying to get him to do his schoolwork instead of playing Fortnite all day. 

A few weeks ago, my grandma was in the hospital after a very scary reaction to her cancer medicine. Of course, because of everything that is going on, no one could visit her or be with her at the hospital. She is thankfully fine now, but it was pretty frightening.

Also, just before everything went into lockdown, my family got new floors in and new kitchen appliances. This means that we still have a bunch of things in boxes that we just haven't had the time, or energy, to put away. I hear so many people say that they have more time now, but I just feel like I have less time and energy. When I come home, I just feel drained, even if I was sitting all day. My brain feels like mush and, lately, when I try to write book reviews or get back to writing my novel (which I hoped to do in April), words just escape me.

I do feel better now and just writing this post is giving me more energy. And even though I have been feeling stressed lately, I have been talking to my friends a lot more. We have been having weekly facetime calls where we watch something on Netflix or Disney+ together. 

Here's to hoping that things get a little better in May!

Books Read



Library (Ebook & Digital Audio)*

*Because libraries are cloooooooosed!


Trade



New Discoveries
I DID NOT RECEIVE OR BUY THESE BOOKS. I only added them to my TBR list.

One Without Covers:

How was your April?

No comments :

Post a Comment