Thursday, February 6, 2020

Cover vs Cover: Don't Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno

This week's pick is...

Don't Date Rosa Santos VS.  Don't Date Rosa Santos
Original                           Redesign
I really like the original cover. It really draws the eyes throughout the cover, with the model on the edge of the cover and the wave taking over the rest of the cover. I like the mix of art and reality, as it looks like a mural behind her, and I like the fun font treatment. I haven't read this book so I have no idea which cover fits the tone of the book more. Both covers read contemporary, but I think the original looks more fun and more interesting. The redesign looks like a generic contemporary cover.
Final Verdict: Original
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

2 comments :

  1. The original really stands out much more to me and draws my eye more than the redesign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the original better too, but I have to admit, I am glad they didn't do an illustrated cover, and I like that they kept he same model in her yellow outfit

    ReplyDelete