Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Some Resolutions for 2020

Hosted each week by That Artsy Reader Girl, it's a meme for listing the top ten for everything bookish.

This week's topic is supposed to be "Books I Hope to Find Under the Tree" but I only really had one book on my Christmas List this year (Goblet of Fire Illustrated Edition) and I got it last Saturday at my family Christmas. So, I am changing my topic to some New Year's resolutions for 2020.

1. Keep applying to publishing jobs
I would love to put "get a job in book publishing" on here, but I have heard that when it comes it New Year's resolutions, to resolve for things that you have control over. I can control applying to jobs, researching companies, growing my experience, and giving a great interview, but I cannot fully control the eventual decision of a hiring manager. 

2. Keep working on my "Poppy" book
I did NaNoWriMo this year and I am currently calling it my "Poppy Project" (as that was the name of my comic series I am basing it on). It still needs a lot of work. I did not reach "the end" and a lot of what I wrote likely needs to be rewritten. I want to figure out more character details, and research animal characteristics (as most of my cast are animals). I hope to get to "the end" at some point, but I just want to keep working right now and not worry about the finished product.

3. Write short stories again
I used to write short stories in college but I haven't this past year. I would really like to go back to doing that because it is fun writing short fiction.

4. Edit and submit short stories to literary magazines
This is mainly referring to ones I have already written. I have numerous short stories (some already edited a few times, some I have not looked at since I wrote them) and it would be nice to submit some of them to literary magazines.

5. Start a bookstagram and start drawing again
I have been thinking about making a bookstagram and I wanted to combine art with books (likely drawing my own backgrounds for the photos). I also want it to be a place to discuss books in a positive way. I write positive reviews, negative reviews, and meh reviews on this blog. On Instagram, I can showcase books I liked or loved without going into a long-winded review. And I can get back to making art.
Question: If I make a bookstagram, should I call it The Psychotic Nerd or something else? I have been wary of this blog's name lately, so I was wondering if it should be changed.

6. Find some new foods to eat
I am an unhealthy vegetarian, meaning that while I do not eat meat, I still do not eat well and I tend to stick to the same foods. Lately, I have been struggling to find foods to eat because I have stopped eating certain foods (I used to eat a lot of Knorr pasta, but lately the bags I bought have been faulty, so I no longer trust their food). I have a vegetarian slow cooker cookbook that I thought about trying and I am hoping to discover some new foods to eat in 2020.

That is all of my resolutions for now! There are plenty of more things that I want to do this new year, but I wanted to stick to a small list of things that I think will make me happy!

What are you hoping to do in 2020?



No comments :

Post a Comment