Saturday, December 14, 2019

Stacking the Shelves/November in Review



Hosted by Tynga's ReviewsStacking the Shelves is where all the booknerds can post about the lovely (or not so lovely) books that we've read, acquired, or discovered.

While October was full of reading, I did not get as much reading down this November. I signed up to do NaNoWriMo again this year and I was confident that this would be the year I would win! I wrote every day, writing by hand, and on November 20th, I made it to 50K! I then typed all of it up by the end of the month to make sure I had an accurate count. I ended up with about 53K! I did not reach the end of the story. A lot of what I wrote is complete rubbish and needs to be extensively edited (or maybe even rewritten), but I learned a lot about my book and where it is headed, and I am just proud that I got myself to write every day. I am taking a breather from the story for now and will dive in again in the new year.

Because of NaNo, I did not read or blog as much in November. Now that NaNo is over, I am getting back into the blogging rhythm. To keep up with writing every day, I have switched from my novel to writing for my blog every day. And I will be reading more blog posts again.

In other news, I am back at work for the holiday season. For the past three years, I have worked at a department store as a gift wrapper. It has not gotten incredibly busy yet, but I expect it will be soon! I myself still need to get Christmas presents!

Books Read


Library


Books Bought


Trade


Books Reviewed

Short & Simple


New Discoveries
I DID NOT RECEIVE OR BUY THESE BOOKS. I only added them to my TBR list.
I did not add very many books to my TBR this month!

How was your November?

2 comments :

  1. I also completed NaNo and my book is ALSO total crap BUT maybe someday could turn into something cool!

    My STS:
    http://megabunnyreads.home.blog/2019/12/14/stacking-the-shelves-december-14-2019/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on NaNo!!! That's awesome. :)

    I need to read that Holly Black series.

    ReplyDelete