Thursday, December 12, 2019

Cover vs Cover: Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu

This week's pick is...

MoxieVS.  Image result for moxie by jennifer mathieu VS.Moxie
US Original                                   US Redesign                                       UK
I have yet to read this book (though I hope to soon!), so I cannot tell you which one follows the book the most. I am not a fan of the US Redesign. The scribbles look messy and while I get that it is supposed to relate to the zine, it just looks like doodles and looks like a fun contemporary book. It does not really fit the tone I would expect for the book. The UK cover seems to more directly relate to the writing aspect, but it is so pink! I like pink, but this cover is really bright. By the way, is pink a big deal in this book or did the publisher just decide that because this book features girl power it must have a pink cover? And I am not sure why there are spots of white falling down? Or what the stars mean. I like the original US cover the best. I like the poster effect and I still think it references the zine but in a more subtle way. I also like her stance and the contract between the title and the background. It is not an overwhelming pink.
Final Verdict: Original
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

1 comment :

  1. I like the original too. Something about it, and even the tagline adds a little something.

    ReplyDelete