Thursday, September 19, 2019

Cover vs Cover: Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

This week's pick is...

Dangerous GirlsVS.Dangerous Girls VS.I'll Never TellVS.Dangerous Girls
Hardcover                   Paperback                Redesign                 UK
I've been putting this cover vs. cover off because... I don't like any of these covers. This is a FANTASTIC book but none of these covers match the inside. The original cover I guess alludes a little to the book, but it still looks a bit girly, and when I first saw it did not make me want to read the book. The paperback is worse, though. Again, there's the pink, and it looks like a fun, contemporary book. I know that's probably supposed to be a dead body, but you don't really know that unless you read the book. I hate the redesign partially because it was listed separately on Goodreads for a while as a separate book. I thought it was a new book by Abigail Haas, but no, Goodreads was trying to trick me. Also, not a fan of covers featuring just faces. The UK cover comes to closest to telling us that this is a mystery/thriller, but there's not much to it. And, again, there's the pink! Look, I don't have a problem with the color pink (I'm wearing a pink jacket right now), but it doesn't work with this book! It's almost like the cover designers saw girl in the title and thought, oh, that book must need pink. Anyway, at least the UK cover matches Dangerous Boys (even though it also has a stupid tagline).
   Final Verdict: UK, I guess
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

1 comment :