Thursday, May 16, 2019

Cover vs Cover: Learning Not to Drown by Anna Shinoda

This week's pick is...

13014522VS.  40538929
Original                        Redesign
Both of these covers are really eye-catching, but to be honest neither really capture what the book is about. From the synopsis, this is a contemporary novel "about a teen whose drug-addicted brother is the prodigal son one time too many." These covers mainly take the title literary, especially the original. I like the color scheme of both and I love how the title is treated in the original. The redesign has really interesting artwork, but I'm not really sure what it means. I don't know why there is a skull behind her and it makes it look like a horror novel instead of contemporary. The redesign is more unique as a girl underwater on a cover is not new, but if I hadn't already read this book I would not guess contemporary based on the redesign. If it weren't for that, I would go with the redesign.
Final Verdict: Original
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

No comments :

Post a Comment