Friday, May 24, 2019

Cover Lust: The Great Unknowable End by Kathryn Ormsbee


Cover Lust is something that I do every other week where I feature a book cover that I absolutely love!




35169304
Slater, Kansas is a small town where not much seems to happen.

Stella dreams of being a space engineer. After Stella's mom dies by suicide and her brother runs off to Red Sun, the local hippie commune, Stella is forced to bring her dreams down to Earth to care for her sister Jill.

Galliard has only ever known life inside Red Sun. There, people accept his tics, his Tourette's. But when he’s denied Red Sun's resident artist role he believed he was destined for, he starts to imagine a life beyond the gates of the compound...

The day Stella and Galliard meet, there is something in the air in their small town. Literally. So begins weeks of pink lightning, blood red rain, unexplained storms... And a countdown clock appears mysteriously above the town hall. With time ticking down to some great, unknowable end they’ll each have to make a choice.

If this is really the end of the world, who do they want to be when they face it?

 

Why did I pick this cover? 
I wasn't sure about this cover when I first saw it but when I saw it in person I could tell that it is absolutely gorgeous. The colors really pop, the art is beautiful, and it really fits the tone of the book. I'm even noticing now how both characters are looking up.
What are your thoughts? Tell me in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment