Thursday, April 11, 2019

Cover vs Cover: Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray

This week's pick is...

31423196VS.  39680088
Original                        Redesign
I admit that I was a bit upset at first when the cover for this book was redesigned. I loved the Original cover. The title treatment is eye-catching and interesting and I loved the spots of bright colors! It doesn't quite say what the book is about, but it is clear that it is sci-fi. The redesign does say more clearly that the book is sci-fi and that it takes place in space, with the planets in the corner, but I missed it the many other times I saw this cover. In fact, I didn't notice the planets until now. The cover does have a vintage sci-fi vibe to it, but I don't like faces on covers of books and having different effects and images on top of the faces looks messy to me. This one is not as bad, but as the series continues with the same cover trend, I have a hard time telling what all is on the covers.
Final Verdict: Original
What do you think? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

2 comments :

  1. I like the original a lot more too... the new one is kind of cheesy.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the original cover a lot more too. And I wouldn't have even noticed the planets on the second cover if you hadn't mentioned it lol!

    ReplyDelete