Saturday, December 12, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (December 12th 2015)

Hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Stacking the Shelves is where all the book nerds can post about the lovely (or not so lovely) books that they've got this week.

Ello everyone! *waves* It's been two weeks since I posted one of these, but I had good reason! I've been very busy lately! Last weekend I didn't post because I celebrated Christmas with my friends! We exchanged gifts and made "Christmas" cookies!


Some of my "Christmas" cookies

The gifts I got! A lot of sharpies, lots of knee-high socks, R2-D2 cross-stitch, donut cup, headbands, and  necklace that says "Literature is my boyfriend"


Then, when the weekend was over, it was time for FINALS. I finished Wednesday and came back home, to my parents! I'm done with work too! I now have a full MONTH off! But I couldn't vacation yet! Earlier today (Friday), I got some of my wisdom teeth taken out! I don't remember anything, at all. One second they stuck a needle into my hand, the next I was in a totally different room, with double vision, swollen cheeks, cotton and blood in my mouth, and Ed Sheeran blaring on the radio (the last of which I sent an incoherent text to my friend about, which I vaguely remember). Needless to say, I was confused. I somehow got one of the nurses to give me my back, so I could get my book (I think I might have asked for my book?  Though I don't know how they could understand me). It was when they saw me reading that they called my parents. They figured if I could read my book, then I was fine enough to go home (they didn't realize that I kept reading the same page over and over again due to that double vision thing). Anyway, I'm fine now! I look a bit like a chipmunk, but I'm not in pain! This I am thankful for because Ally Carter will be in town tomorrow (Saturday) and I'm not about to miss that!

P.S. The covers take you to the book's Goodreads page!


Books I've Read in the Last Two Weeks

Library


Used Book Sale

I go to this used book sale every first Saturday of the month. It's fantastic! Everything is 3 for $1!

Bookaholic
The books:

Bookaholic is a used bookstore in my town that I adore! I went there to find my missing Ally Carter books. I obviously couldn't find them, but I was happy to find these books! Especially Zodiac, since I loved the book, and Black Dawn, as that was the only Morganville book I was missing!

Al's Old Books

Al's Old Books is another used book store in my town, though smaller and farther away from me. I was in the area though, so I got to shop there! I've read this series, but I only own the 3rd book, so I'm trying to complete it!

Amazon Freebies

Trade

For Review
I'm stopping myself from requesting any more review copies. I have too many books that I own that I need to read!

Books I Reviewed
(The covers are linked to my review)

I know, I didn't write very many reviews. I hate using excuses, but these two weeks I've been a bit busy with the end of the semester, finals, and then my surgery. Sine I seem to be recovery from the surgery rather quickly, I hope that I'll be able to post some more reviews soon!

NEW DISCOVERIES
I add books to my TBR pile so often, that I decided to include the new additions to my ever-growing list.
I DID NOT RECEIVE OR BUY THESE BOOKS. I only added them to my TBR list.

A combination of seeing other blogger's Top Ten Tuesday picks, looking at HarperTeen's Spring 2016 catalog, and basically the internet in general. Yes, I added a lot of books.

Anyway, what books did you haul in this week?

2 comments :

  1. WOW. Lots of books this week. I hope you enjoy all of your new books. It looks like it was a great week for your reading.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo many books O.O and that deal for used books is incredible, I wish there was more of that around here! Happy reading :)
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete