Thursday, August 20, 2015

Cover vs Cover: Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley

This week's pick is...

Lies We Tell Ourselves VS.  Lies We Tell Ourselves
Hardcover                   Paperback
I haven't read this one, but from what I know, both fit the book. I don't really like the redesign. It shows the period that the book takes place in, but it looks so awkward! There's the weird piece of wallpaper in the middle, cutting off the girl on the right's hair, yet her hands are over it. The other girl is also oddly transparent near the paper.I much prefer the hardcover. I actually like the yearbook effect.
  Final Verdict: Hardcover
Do you agree? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

2 comments :

  1. I completely agree with everything you said. The wallpaper just has a really weird effect on both of these girls. It doesn't even look professionally done in my opinion. The hardcover is MUCH better.

    Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! The hardcover is much more interesting.

    By the way, I've nominated you for the Book Fangirling Award!
    http://never-anyone-else.blogspot.com/2015/08/book-fangirling-award.html

    ReplyDelete