Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, where you talk about whatever book you are IMPATIENTLY WAITING for!

This week I am waiting for...

The Rest of Us Just Live Here
What if you weren’t the Chosen One?


What if you’re not the one who’s so often the hero in YA fiction; who’s supposed to fight the zombies, or the soul-eating ghosts, or whatever this new thing is, with the blue lights and the death? What if you were like Mikey? Who just wants to graduate and go to prom and maybe finally work up the courage to ask Henna out before someone goes and blows up the high school. Again. Because sometimes there are problems bigger than this week’s end of the world and sometimes you just have to find the extraordinary in your ordinary life. Even if your best friend might just be the God of mountain lions...

Release Date: August 27th 2015  
Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble




Why am I waiting?
1. PATRICK NESS!!!! This man is a genius and I ADORE everything he writes!
2. Even if this wasn't my THE PATRICK NESS, I would need this in my life! A book that is about a ordinary person, being annoyed by 'the chosen ones'? This book completely differs from every other YA book! I NEED THIS SO MUCH!!!!

What book are you waiting for this week?

7 comments :

  1. SQUEE! This sounds wonderful! I'm really interested in this because it's about a NOT chosen one. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stories with a totally different, unexpected slant. Ordinary sounds just wonderful. This is one I'd like to check out.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't decided if I'll read this book, but I hope you like it! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by Patrick Ness yet though I hear great things. This one sounds interesting if a little confusing and vague to me on what it truly is about. Might have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blurb tho! I HAVE TO ADD THIS ON MY GOODREADS TBR! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read anything by this author but this book actually sounds really interesting! I'll definitely be checking it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read one of his (I KNOW) but this sounds awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete