Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, where you talk about whatever book you are IMPATIENTLY WAITING for!

This week I am waiting for...
None of the Above
A groundbreaking story about a teenage girl who discovers she's intersex . . . and what happens when her secret is revealed to the entire school. Incredibly compelling and sensitively told, None of the Above is a thought-provoking novel that explores what it means to be a boy, a girl, or something in between.

What if everything you knew about yourself changed in an instant?

When Kristin Lattimer is voted homecoming queen, it seems like another piece of her ideal life has fallen into place. She's a champion hurdler with a full scholarship to college and she's madly in love with her boyfriend. In fact, she's decided that she's ready to take things to the next level with him.

But Kristin's first time isn't the perfect moment she's planned--something is very wrong. A visit to the doctor reveals the truth: Kristin is intersex, which means that though she outwardly looks like a girl, she has male chromosomes, not to mention boy "parts."


Dealing with her body is difficult enough, but when her diagnosis is leaked to the whole school, Kristin's entire identity is thrown into question. As her world unravels, can she come to terms with her new self?
Release Date: April 7th 2015  
GoodreadsAmazonBarnes & Noble





Why am I waiting?
I admit, a big reason why I want to read this book is the fact that I have never read a book about intersex. In fact, I don't really fully understand intersex and didn't really know it was a thing that really happened until recently. But this book just sounds so interesting!
What book are you waiting for this week?

9 comments :

  1. This was absolutely amazing! One of the best books I've read in a long time. It should be required reading. Great pick! I hope you enjoy it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read a book about intersex either, but would love to know more about the topic. I agree, it really does sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm very curious about this one too. i don't know a lot about intersex so it will definitely be an enlightening read.

    hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds amazing! I'm looking forward to reading it. I hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-work-in-progress.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! I'm really looking forward to this one as well, because it seems very different.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got to read this in advance and it was my first intersex book as well. It was absolutely unique and I just adored it! I hope you love it as much as I did. :)

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this cover, but hadn't read the summary till now. Sounds like a very interesting book! Great pick.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really excited to read this one! It'll definitely be different for me, but I'm looking forward to reading a book with an intersex character. I don't know much about it either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been hearing a lot of good things about this one from pretty much everyone who's read it, haven't gotten to it yet, but have high expectations!

    ReplyDelete