Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday:The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, where you talk about whatever book you are IMPATIENTLY WAITING for!

This week I am waiting for...

The Stars Never Rise (Untitled Series, #1)
Sixteen-year-old Nina Kane should be worrying about her immortal soul, but she's too busy trying to actually survive. Her town's population has been decimated by soul-consuming demons, and souls are in short supply. Watching over her younger sister, Mellie, and scraping together food and money are all that matters. The two of them are a family. They gave up on their deadbeat mom a long time ago.

When Nina discovers that Mellie is keeping a secret that threatens their very existence, she'll do anything to protect her. Because in New Temperance, sins are prosecuted as crimes by the brutal Church and its army of black-robed exorcists. And Mellie's sin has put her in serious trouble.

To keep them both alive, Nina will need to trust Finn, a fugitive with deep green eyes who has already saved her life once and who might just be an exorcist. But what kind of exorcist wears a hoodie?


Wanted by the Church and hunted by dark forces, Nina knows she can't survive on her own. She needs Finn and his group of rogue friends just as much as they need her.
Release Date: June 9th 2015  
GoodreadsAmazonBarnes & Noble





Why am I waiting?
I liked the Soul Screamers series, but I didn't love it.
After reading this synopsis, though, I really do want to read this book!

What book are you waiting for this week?

8 comments :

  1. This sounds like an interesting read!

    Stormi
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be immortal with everyone else. :)
    My Waiting on Wednesday
    new follower via bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!! I can't wait to read this! It sounds so amazing :D I've read the first book in her Soul Screamers series, and I wasn't really blown away by it. I'd like to continue it... but this one sounds a lot more appealing to me! I really hope we love it! Great pick :)

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this book SO BAD!! I love Rachel VIncent, her Shifters series is one of favorites. This one sounds like all kinds of awesome. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Rachel Vincent! So Excited! The Stars Never Rise sounds so freaking good! And the cover is gorgeous! I hope you like it!
    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-3-manwhore.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I have heard awesome things about all of Rachel Vincent's books. I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only read the first two of the Soul Screamers series, which I liked, but obviously not enough since I haven't read the rest, haha. But so can't wait for this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so waiting for this book, it sounds like it's gonna be awesome!!!
    This week I'm waiting for The wrong side of right :3

    Ps. If you'd like to, stop by my blog and say hi <3

    Frannie @ In clouds of pages
    http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete