Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Made You Up by Francesca Zappia

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, where you talk about whatever book you are IMPATIENTLY WAITING for!

This week I am waiting for...

Made You Up

Reality, it turns out, is often not what you perceive it to be—sometimes, there really is someone out to get you. Made You Up tells the story of Alex, a high school senior unable to tell the difference between real life and delusion. This is a compelling and provoking literary debut that will appeal to fans of Wes Anderson, Silver Linings Playbook, and Liar.

Alex fights a daily battle to figure out the difference between reality and delusion. Armed with a take-no-prisoners attitude, her camera, a Magic 8-Ball, and her only ally (her little sister), Alex wages a war against her schizophrenia, determined to stay sane long enough to get into college. She’s pretty optimistic about her chances until classes begin, and she runs into Miles. Didn't she imagine him? Before she knows it, Alex is making friends, going to parties, falling in love, and experiencing all the usual rites of passage for teenagers. But Alex is used to being crazy. She’s not prepared for normal.


Funny, provoking, and ultimately moving, this debut novel featuring the quintessential unreliable narrator will have readers turning the pages and trying to figure out what is real and what is made up.

Release Date: May 19th 2015  
Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble


Why am I waiting?
Apparently, the main character in this book has schizophrenia and I'm really curious about how that will work out in the book! Also, "featuring the quintessential unreliable narrator", I'm a sucker for unreliable narrators!

What book are you waiting for this week?

2 comments :

  1. I can't wait to read this one! I'm a sucker for the unreliable narrator, too. I wonder how it's going to turn out? Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounded a little trippy at first, but the cover really stuck out to me. The whole watercolor thing felt like it would agree with me! I also would love to read how this book is executed, especially since the girl has schizophrenia. It would be a while other experience.

    My WoW, here!
    - Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete