Thursday, January 1, 2015

Cover vs. Cover: My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga

This week's pick is...

My Heart and Other Black HolesVS.  My Heart and Other Black Holes
Original                     Redesign
I believe that the redesign is now the permanent cover, but I really like the original. I love the colors and the font of the text. I just love it all together. The new covers bores me. I like the font, but the colors are so plain AND IT'S SO OFF CENTER!!!!!!! I know, they probably changed the covers because the original looks too happy, considering the subject, but I still like it better.
Final Verdict: Original
Do you agree? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

2 comments :

  1. I was so disappointed to see the redesign! I really prefer the original, although I do realize, as you say, that it's rather colorful and more 'happy' than the other. I think they could have solved that without making it so plain, though. When I first saw it, I almost thought it was a picture of the inside title page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The main reason I put this book on my GR tbr shelf was because of the orignal, beautiful cover. The redesign is, as you say, boring.

    ReplyDelete