Saturday, June 7, 2014

Short & Simple Reviews: Project ELE & Prince of Wolves

This is a place for books that I didn't fully review.
Maybe I listed my likes and dislikes, had a little short paragraph, or a few sentences to convey my feelings on the book, but whatever the "review" is, all of them are short and simple. (hence the clever name)

**NOTICE: Both of these ebooks are currently FREE on Amazon!**

Project ELE (ELE, #1)
Millions have already died, and thousands more are perishing daily. As a last ditch effort to preserve the human race, the government implements Project ELE. With the earth heating at rapid speeds, all remaining survivors are forced to turn to F.E.M.A. shelters to wait out ELE's wrath.

Fifteen-year-old Willow Mosby's life, as she knows it, ends the moment she walks through the shelter's door. Willow has to quickly adapt to the new challenges that shelter life demands, the least of which includes making new friends and working a full time job.

Soon after making an interesting discovery, Willow and her friends start exhibiting strange abilities. Seeking answers, they embark on a mission to find out what these new abilities mean and whether they are a gift or a curse.


This new adventure can send her world crashing down around her. The question is: Can Willow survive the fall?


Review
I was actually surprised by how much I liked this book!
I haven't been having much luck with indie books lately, but this book gave me hope that there are other good indie books out there!!!

Anyway, about the actual book!
I am a sucker for dystopians and there was no exception with this book!
It's hard for me to put into words what I exactly liked about this book. I guess I could say that I liked the story in general, and not just the story but the things that make up the story.
There was one major part of this book that I did not like: 
<highlight to view spoiler>There were superpowers in this book. I am actually OBSESSED with superpowers, but I have been seeing so many books lately with superpowers in it that I considering it to be cliche. I might have felt a little bit better if the there wasn't such a wide variety of superpowers.<end of spoiler>

That was basically the only thing that bothered me.
Although, I must warn you that there are a few grammar errors in this book. There's only a few here and there, though, and they're easy to ignore. (But, apparently, some of those grammar error has been fixed since I have last read this book)

I hereby give this book
4 Wheels!
Meaning: It was amazing!



Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1)
Jacque Pierce was just an ordinary 17-year-old girl getting ready to start her senior year in high school in Coldspring, Texas. When a mysterious foreign exchange student from Romania moves in across the street, Jacque and her two best friends, Sally and Jen, don't realize the last two weeks of their summer are going to get a lot more interesting.
 From the moment Jacque sets eyes on Fane she feels an instant connection, a pull like a moth to a flame. Little does she know that the flame she is drawn to is actually a Canis lupis, werewolf, and she just happens to be his mate; the other half of his soul.

The problem is Fane is not the only wolf in Coldspring, Texas.
 Just as Fane and Jacque are getting to know each other, another wolf steps out to try and claim Jacque as his mate. Fane will now have to fight for the right to complete the mating bond, something that is his right by birth but is being denied him by a crazed Alpha. Will the love Fane has for Jacque be enough to give him the strength to defeat his enemy, will Jacque accept that she is Fane's mate and complete the bond between them?




Review
One Thing I Liked: The fact the there are no secrets kept from the friends and family. (Secrets seem to be popular in most YA books...)

One Thing I Didn't Like: INSTA-LOVE!!!!! Cheese, I hate these things!!! Jaque and Fane know each other for only FIVE DAYS and yet they are just soooooo in love with each other.
I kind of understand why there is insta-love (do to the whole werewolf bonding stuff) but it's still very cliche and annoying.

Due to the fact that the insta-love was a major part of the book, I was not a huge fan of the book.
But i'm still going to continue the series!
What can I say? I'm curious to see how things will continue on.
And who knows, maybe it will get better! (I can be optimistic...sometimes)

I hereby give this book
2 Wheels
Meaning: It was okay...


No comments :

Post a Comment