Monday, April 28, 2014

REVIEW: Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn

Another Little Piece
On a cool autumn night, Annaliese Rose Gordon stumbled out of the woods and into a high school party. She was screaming. Drenched in blood. Then she vanished.

A year later, Annaliese is found wandering down a road hundreds of miles away. She doesn't know who she is. She doesn't know how she got there. She only knows one thing: She is not the real Annaliese Rose Gordon.


Now Annaliese is haunted by strange visions and broken memories. Memories of a reckless, desperate wish . . . a bloody razor . . . and the faces of other girls who disappeared. Piece by piece, Annaliese's fractured memories come together to reveal a violent, endless cycle that she will never escape—unless she can unlock the twisted secrets of her past.
Goodreads


THE RUN-DOWN
Annaliese has been missing for a year.
And when she's found, everyone is curious to know what happened to her.
But Annaliese doesn't know where's she's been, she doesn't even have any memories whatsoever.

But this Annaliese isn't the real Annaliese...

MY THOUGHTS
This was a really strange book.
But it's not strange in a bad way, it's strange in a good and interesting way.
I didn't mind the strange-ness, I didn't even notice the strange-ness until I closed the book. The strange-ness of this book made it unique, interesting, and made me keep turning the pages.
The only major problem that I had with this book was that it gets hard to follow. You get different fragments of memories throughout the book and it gets really confusing (especially near the end).

But all in all, this was a unique story.

I hereby give this book
3 Wheels!
Meaning: I liked it.

2 comments :

  1. I totally agree! It is strange in an very interesting way. I really enjoyed this book, mostly because of how I wasn't sure what was going to happen. I like her writing too a lot which was different and unique.
    I'm excited to read her new one coming out this Spring/Summer.
    :)

    ReplyDelete